Baobab Wisdom Blog
|Posted on August 16, 2018 at 12:30 AM|
Back to School Season Causing You Stress?
From preschool to graduate school, students around the world are getting ready to go back to school. Transitioning from laid back summer days to the hustle and bustle of back to school season brings jammed packed schedules and added stress. While the stress of juggling different schedules, packing lunches, doing homework, meetings, and extracurricular activities can’t be completely avoided it can be managed.
Read below for 5 tips you can incorporate to reduce back to school stress.
1) Keep a family calendar so everyone knows what is happening and when.
2) Each Sunday review your family’s schedule for the week. This will give you a good opportunity to plan for any schedule changes or forgotten assignments and appointments.
3) Meal prep – cook larger meals on the weekends, freeze and then reheat during the week. This will help cut down on fast food dinners.
4) Chose outfits the night before. Ironing clothes at night will give you a few extra minutes to sleep in!
5) Delegate. YOU CAN’T DO IT ALL! Make your life easier by asking your family for help. Everyone in your household should have a list of task and chores they are responsible for. Children can help too. Even 3-year-olds can do simple chores. It may not be perfect but it’s done.
Incorporating these 5 tips will not only help you manage stress during back to school season but throughout the year.
Comment below and let us know how you're managing the stress of going back to school. We can't wait to hear from you.
Categories: Emotional and Mental Wellness