Baobab Wisdom Blog
|Posted on July 11, 2018 at 10:30 AM|
5 Tips to Having a Guilt Free Vacation
It happens all the time. You come back from vacation feeling guilty about the food choices you made, wishing you had made better decisions.
Well, get ready to release the guilt! We're giving you 5 tips to help you stay on track with healthy eating while away from home.
1) PLAN. Take some time to think about what your meals will look like on vacation. Will you have access to a kitchen? Will you be eating out every day? What days will you be in the car or on a plane and need to have healthy protein snacks readily available?
Write a list of healthy foods that you can purchase before your trip or when you get to your destination.
2) SHOP. Purchase healthy snack items to take with you. The following items are an example for foods that travel well:
• Tuna in a pouch
• Hard Boiled eggs
• Single serving protein powder
• Bottled water
These items will help fill in the gaps when you're hungry so you won't be tempted to reach for a junk food.
3) PACK. Make sure to pack your food! Invest in a lunch tote or travel cooler to store all your food items and have it easily accessible.
4) CHOOSE WISELY. Eating is a part of the vacation experience. You're visiting new restaurants and possible trying new foods. This DOESN'T mean you can't make good choices.
If you know you're going to an awesome steak house for dinner make sure you're having lean protein, veggies, and healthy carbs during your other meals. If you want to have desert there's nothing wrong with sharing or even ordering a child sized portion.
5) ENJOY. You're on vacation, enjoy it! You may not hit all your macros or get a workout in everyday and it's okay. Treasure this time with family and friends. Rest, relax and recharge so you can come back even more committed to your goals.
If you want to learn more about eating on the go and while traveling check out our Wellness Coaching Services here. Team Baobab would love to help you reach your goals!