Baobab Wisdom Blog
Latest in Total Wellness Ideas from Baobab Village Wellness Group
Don't miss your FREE copy the bi-weekly
Baobab Village Wellness Group believes in continually sharing information to help people live well along with the services we provide.
This is Pia BEFORE stress-free living.
This is Pia living a lifestyle of wellness (which does not have room for stress)!
Do you want to know what it takes to get out of the bondage of stress-filled living? Contact us today at 614-306-0532 or by emailing us at email@example.com.
|Posted on August 26, 2018 at 10:50 PM||comments (0)|
Has Your Current Lifestyle Expired?
Many things have an expiration date worthy to be noticed such as milk, eggs, meat, and medicine.
Some products have suggested expiration dates to protect from lawsuits; however, the true date is often later.
No matter what the actual expiration date, it is inevitable that at some point, the products usefulness will expire and have to be purged.
When it comes to feeling good and living healthy inside and out, many people act like there is no expiration date to living OPPOSITE of this state. Many walk out the lie that it is okay to be unhealthy, it is okay to NOT feel good about self or to CELEBRATE self, and that it is okay to put others before self even when it comes to personal wellness.
If you are living fearful of what it means to exercise consistent healthy habits or fearful of what you may have to give up to do so, then hear this:
This MINDSET and way of living has EXPIRED!
Stop telling yourself you have tomorrow when you really don’t know if you do.
It is time for a mindset shift and time to activate all of what it takes to live the life of abundance you DESERVE.
This way of living has a long shelf life--NO EXPIRATION DATE—and is waiting for you to walk fully in it.
|Posted on August 26, 2018 at 9:50 PM||comments (0)|
The Road to Wellness: Which Direction Are You Going?
This is the month of transition and a great time to reflect to see which way to go. Take this brief wellness assessment to help you move down the road to wellness.
Select the section that best describes YOU at this time and use your journal to answer the corresponding questions.
Journaling is the key to accomplishing much! It serves as a place to store life’s “puzzle pieces” allowing you to go back and assemble for clarity on the WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, and WHY’s of life. It is one of the most powerful tools for personal and professional development. Enjoy!
YOU ARE ACTIVELY walking the wellness road:
1. How have you changed for the better since you started your wellness journey?
2. Who in your circle has benefitted from your daily decisions to be healthy?
3. Identify 2-3 people who could benefit by learning more about what you do and be encouraged.
4. What is the next step to go to the next level with your wellness walk?
YOU DESIRE to walk the wellness road:
1. What change would like to see as a result of walking the wellness road?
2. Who in your circle will support you as you begin to make daily decisions to be healthy?
3. Identify 2-3 people who do NOT need to be in your circle (or not frequent in your circle) at this season as you pursue the lifestyle of total wellness.
4. What is the next step you need to take to begin the wellness journey?
YOU ARE NOT CONCERNED about wellness at this time:
1. What is holding you back?
2. What is your priority in this season?
3. What is one thing you can do daily to invest in your health?
4. When would you be ready to venture down the path to total wellness?
Wishing you all the best in this next season! Let us know HOW we can help you make it a great one!
|Posted on August 16, 2018 at 12:30 AM||comments (0)|
Back to School Season Causing You Stress?
From preschool to graduate school, students around the world are getting ready to go back to school. Transitioning from laid back summer days to the hustle and bustle of back to school season brings jammed packed schedules and added stress. While the stress of juggling different schedules, packing lunches, doing homework, meetings, and extracurricular activities can’t be completely avoided it can be managed.
Read below for 5 tips you can incorporate to reduce back to school stress.
1) Keep a family calendar so everyone knows what is happening and when.
2) Each Sunday review your family’s schedule for the week. This will give you a good opportunity to plan for any schedule changes or forgotten assignments and appointments.
3) Meal prep – cook larger meals on the weekends, freeze and then reheat during the week. This will help cut down on fast food dinners.
4) Chose outfits the night before. Ironing clothes at night will give you a few extra minutes to sleep in!
5) Delegate. YOU CAN’T DO IT ALL! Make your life easier by asking your family for help. Everyone in your household should have a list of task and chores they are responsible for. Children can help too. Even 3-year-olds can do simple chores. It may not be perfect but it’s done.
Incorporating these 5 tips will not only help you manage stress during back to school season but throughout the year.
Comment below and let us know how you're managing the stress of going back to school. We can't wait to hear from you.
|Posted on August 1, 2018 at 11:40 AM||comments (0)|
Congratulations Coach Ayeshia!
Baobab Village is excited to announce that Ayeshia Pompey will join our team as a Wellness Coach!
Coach Ayeshia is now a certified ACE Health Coach which will allow her to work with clients interested in making healthy lifestyle changes.Special opportunities to work with Coach Ayeshia will announced soon.
What inspired you to become a health coach?
Implementing healthy lifestyle changes has changed the way I live life. I want to encourage and show others (especially mothers) that they CAN take time for self care and still have rimw for family and work responsibilities.
What do you hope clients will learn by working with you?
Health and wellness is a lifestyle. It's not a one time quick fix. You have to make healthy choices everyday in order to reap the benefits. Will you always make the best choices? No, but that's okay. It's a journey and as long as you're committed to staying on the journey your life will reflect that.
Share lessons you've learned along your wellness journey.
- It's okay to have boundaries. It's okay to say "no".
- Self care is essential.
- Wellness isn't just about the physical. Your physical health is just a manestifation of spiritual, emotional, and mental health issues. You can't address one without affecting the others.
|Posted on July 11, 2018 at 10:30 AM||comments (0)|
5 Tips to Having a Guilt Free Vacation
It happens all the time. You come back from vacation feeling guilty about the food choices you made, wishing you had made better decisions.
Well, get ready to release the guilt! We're giving you 5 tips to help you stay on track with healthy eating while away from home.
1) PLAN. Take some time to think about what your meals will look like on vacation. Will you have access to a kitchen? Will you be eating out every day? What days will you be in the car or on a plane and need to have healthy protein snacks readily available?
Write a list of healthy foods that you can purchase before your trip or when you get to your destination.
2) SHOP. Purchase healthy snack items to take with you. The following items are an example for foods that travel well:
• Tuna in a pouch
• Hard Boiled eggs
• Single serving protein powder
• Bottled water
These items will help fill in the gaps when you're hungry so you won't be tempted to reach for a junk food.
3) PACK. Make sure to pack your food! Invest in a lunch tote or travel cooler to store all your food items and have it easily accessible.
4) CHOOSE WISELY. Eating is a part of the vacation experience. You're visiting new restaurants and possible trying new foods. This DOESN'T mean you can't make good choices.
If you know you're going to an awesome steak house for dinner make sure you're having lean protein, veggies, and healthy carbs during your other meals. If you want to have desert there's nothing wrong with sharing or even ordering a child sized portion.
5) ENJOY. You're on vacation, enjoy it! You may not hit all your macros or get a workout in everyday and it's okay. Treasure this time with family and friends. Rest, relax and recharge so you can come back even more committed to your goals.
If you want to learn more about eating on the go and while traveling check out our Wellness Coaching Services here. Team Baobab would love to help you reach your goals!
|Posted on May 30, 2018 at 4:00 PM||comments (0)|
Eat This, Not That! Tips for Creating Healthy Summer Salads.
As the weather heats up your appetite might change and you may start craving lighter, less dense food options. Many will look to salads as a healthy option but not all salads are created equal.Don't get caught eating salads loaded with extra sugar and fat taking you further away from your nutrition goals.
When preparing salads at home or eating out be sure to follow these healthy summer salad tips.
Healthy Summer Salad Tips
- Choose dark greens for your base. Greens such as kale, spinach, and romaine lettuce have more fiber, folate, and vitamin c compared to iceberg lettuce.
- Add protein. Proteins such as chicken breast, salmon, and tuna make a great addition. If you’re eating out make sure to ask for double protein because more than likely the amount included won’t be enough.
- Skip the cheese but add walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds or pumpkins seeds to include a good source of fat. Remember to measure out your portions.
- Go easy on the salad dressing. Try to find a salad dressing that’s low in sugar and fat. If possible make your own. When eating out it’s best to ask for the dressing on the side so you can control how much goes on your salad.
|Posted on May 21, 2018 at 10:45 PM||comments (0)|
Benefits of Working Out with a Buddy at Baobab Village
- Makes the workout more enjoyable.
- Reduces the anxiety and stress often associated with exercise.
- Burn more calories with a buddy than by yourself.
- Assistance with performing exercises correctly.
- More likely to achieve your goals.
- Holds you accountable.
- Makes it easier to try new things!
|Posted on May 21, 2018 at 3:15 PM||comments (0)|
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Looking for an easy food swap recipe to share at summer cookouts? Look no further. This chocolate avocado pudding recipe puts a healthier twist on a classic food. We dare you to give your friends a taste before you tell them the secret ingredient!
2 ripe medium avocados , peeled and chopped
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup honey or raw agave nectar (or other sweetener of choice)
1/2 cup milk (regular or almond milk, coconut, etc.)
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Blend all ingredients, until smooth, in a blender, food processor or using a hand held mixer. Serve immediately, or chill first.
Recipe originally posted on Seeded at the Table
|Posted on May 15, 2018 at 5:55 PM||comments (0)|
Benefits of Infusing Play into Fitness
PLAY almost ALWAYS generates laughter and laughter is one of the best forms of medicine.
Infusing PLAY into your workout allows you to accomplish many things at once. In addition to working on your fitness and weight loss goals, infusing PLAY into fitness will help:
- Reduces Stress
- Improves Sleep
- Elevates Mood
- Increases Energy
- Bolsters Self-confidence
Laughter generated through play, releases endorphins that enhance overall well-being. Endorphins elevate mood, strengthen the immune system and relieves some physical pain. Laughter also increases serotonin (the calming hormone) and lowers cortisol (the stress hormone).
So, why NOT get your laugh on through play? Are you game?
Come play with us!
|Posted on May 1, 2018 at 4:00 PM||comments (0)|
Healthier Food Options for Everyday Foods
Want a quick and easy way to get started with healthier eating? Try food swaps!
We have given you a list of everyday foods that can be swapped out for healthier options. Remember just making small changes consistently can lead to big results.
Want to learn more about making healthier food choices? Call for more information about our Wellness Coaching Service. Our wellness coaching program will help you curb cravings, eat fulfilling and tasty meals, lose weight, manage stress, and achieve the goals you desire as you live your best life.
We look forward to helping you reach your goals!